Sha-kon hails from a nameless island (presumably Hai-Lan) far to the southwest of the continent. Clever with her hands, she was the creator of mechanical dolls with various complex components. She travelled alone to the continent in hope of obtaining necromancy that enabled one to control a dead soul. Her desire was to fill her dolls with these souls, bringing them to life. After a long and painful journey, she succeeded in learning the spell. As a result of much experimentation, she managed to create a doll with a soul...or so she thought. Her final creation merely used the soul as energy for mobility. It is possible that this doll is what claimed Sha-kon's life.
Sha-kon does not believe in a single truth or trying to find a meaning to one's life through past experiences. After being released, she expresses admiration for the technological advances that Midgard has witnessed since her death. She resumes her occupation of creating monsters and even offers Alicia to practice on them, even though she is otherwise reluctant of sharing them with other people, as she knows they are not perfect and considers having to explain how they work as a waste of her time.
Sha-kon focuses on elemental attacks, but other Archers get them earlier, and she does not have a good damage output or combo potential to make up for the difference. She will join your party with a Strength Bow and Leather Mail. Her initial skill is Mind Lock, which is only circumstantially useful.
- Binding Distortion - Initial
- Dual Tusks - Initial
- Poison Shot - Initial
- Flare Blast - Level 8
- Aiming Wisp - Level 17
- Shrapnel Shatter - Level 24
- Stony Decree - Level 31
- Flame Shot - Level 39
- Wave Motion - Level 46
- Smashing Shot - Learned at the Seraphic Gate
- Dampen Magic - Level 20
Sha-kon uses the generic Archer Soul Crush, Pulverizing Storm. She will say "See you in the afterlife!" before using it.
A bow in the Ancient Forest, found in a patch of white flowers one screen down from the save point. Sha-Kon has a 90% chance of appearing. Chrystie is the other possible option. Sha-kon will ask "Do you have what I need for my research?" when you materialize her.
When you are about to release Sha-kon, she will ask "What? You mean it's time for me to go?" If you then choose to release her, she will say "Maybe I'll start on my next contraption."
Upon being released, Sha-kon will appear at the eastern entrance of Kythena Plains. She will give you a Prism Gem if you go see her before the end of Chapter 4 and a Robe of Bryttain right before the final boss (you will need to load from the final save point).
Sha-kon may have a short exchange with one of two characters at the beginning of a battle, if they happen to be on the same team: Woltar, a fellow researcher, and Masato, a fellow native of Hai-Lan, even though her story is self-contained, and she lived and died before both of them.
- Woltar: You are the trickster who seals human souls inside the bodies of dolls...You do not seem the type.
- Sha-kon: Those who have power are the same wherever you go. Perhaps you and I are no different.
- Masato: We share the same home. Are you an exile too?
- Sha-kon: I am no criminal like yourself. I left of my own free will.
Sha-kon is composed of 紗 (sha; silk, thread)  and 紺 (kon, dark blue) . The entire name would thus mean something like "dark blue thread" and could be a reference to her occupation, the silk thread being a symbol for puppeteering. Dark blue is often associated with power and intelligence , which are appropriate attributes for an ambitious researcher.
- Sha-kon has the same voice actress as Chrystie, Phyress, Crescent and Lwyn. Thus, they share most of their battle quotes.
- Sha-kon may have various comments in battles against Golem-type enemies: she can either say someone stole her design for them, criticize their construction, remark that their lack of soul makes them strong or express a wish to mass produce them.
- As all Archer in-game models, Sha-kon's in-game character model does not wear heels. Her lower body armor is also slightly different, and she also has a long ribbon hanging from her right wrist. As it is somewhat reminiscent of a puppet's string, it could be a conscious reference to her occupation.
- Sha-kon is one of Silmeria's more questionable choices of Einherjar due to the fact that she practiced necromancy.