Reflect Sorcery (リフレクトソーサリー: Reflect Sorcery) is a defensive spell featured in Valkyrie Profile, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. It can be learned by Sorcerers, but also Archers and one Light Warrior in Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. In all its iterations, it temporarily reflects spells (both offensive and defensive) cast at the target back at their caster and, as all defensive spells, can only be cast from the battle menu.
The spell can be learned with a Reflect Sorcery spellbook.
- Description: Causes spells to reflect back to their caster. Lasts 3 rounds.
- Charge Time: 8
- Multi-target: Yes (automatic)
- Initial Spell: No one
A Reflect Sorcery spellbook can be obtained in the following ways:
- Sacred Phase: Chapter 3
- Drop: Harpy, Hell Gaze, Vanir
- Treasure: Dipan, Forest of Spirits, Tombs of Amenti, Celestial Castle
- Transmutation: Spell Reinforce spellbook (with Creation Gem)
A Reflect Sorcery spellbook can be transmuted into a Dampen Magic spellbook (with Creation Gem).
Valkyrie Profile 2: SilmeriaEdit
- Description: The target is shielded from spells by a reflective barrier.
- AP Cost: 22
- Multi-target: No
- Learned by: Atrasia (lv.45), Ehrde (lv.45), Lezard (lv.47), Xehnon (lv.50), Aegis (lv.51), Alm (lv.51), Farant (lv.51), Khanon (lv.51), Masato (lv.51), Mithra (lv.51), Seluvia (lv.51), Woltar (lv.51), Psoron (lv.55), Lenneth (lv.64), Millidia (lv.92)
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the PlumeEdit
The spell can be learned with a Reflect Sorcery spellbook. As opposed to the previous two games, it only protects the target from one spell, even though the effect is active for two rounds.
- Description: Reflects attack spells aimed at target once.
- AP Cost: 60
- Duration: 2
- Target Range: 4
- Multi-target: No
- Initial Spell: Fauxnel, Lieselotte