The Ravine Caverns are a dungeon in Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. This extensive series of underground tunnels connects the Forest of Spirits with the rainbow bridge Bifrost, the only means to access Asgard from Midgard. Due to the storyline conditions in which the party first enters the dungeon, there will be an 8 minute timer limiting your exploration. This makes it impossible to fully explore the dungeon in one attempt, but repeated forays are possible. The dungeon becomes entirely skippable once you access Asgard.
Alicia and Rufus must cross the Ravine Caverns on their way to Asgard to challenge Odin. Since humans cannot access Bifrost (and thus, the Ravine Caverns), Alicia circumvents the issue by taking Ghoul Powder from the Three Mages' laboratory in Dipan. In order to prevent the transformation from affecting her mind, Rufus lends her the Ring of Mylinn. As the Ravine Caverns are still a part of Midgard, he thus exposes himself to the risk of losing his soul, which explains the timer in the dungeon. Once the pair reaches Asgard, this is no longer a problem, as time does not flow there.
- Fairy Tincture (freezing gas trap)
- Ambrosia (enemy trap)
- Nectar Potion
- Archer's Aptitude (explosion trap)
- Thief's Thoughts (confusion gas trap)
- Sorcerer's Savvy (confusion gas trap)
- Fairy Tincture
- Fencer's Familiarity
- Apothecary's Arcanum
- Blue Gale
- Warrior's Wits (freezing gas trap)
- Fairy Tincture (confusion gas trap)
- Life Stealer (Demon)
- Sharp Scissors (Unholy)
- Gentleman (Magic)
- Capricorn Leader (Beast)
- Aesir Archers (Divine)
- Aesir Patrol (Divine)
- Persistent Pursuer (Giant, Divine)
- Tyrannosaurus Rex (Giant, Scaled, Dragon) - Mini-Boss
- Secluded Valley Law (dais)
- Burst Light Blessing (shell)
- Lawbreaker's Law (shell)
- Chaos Law (dais)
- Dark Night Law (Mini-Boss)
- Elusive Air Law (Mini-Boss)
- Silent Pin Blessing (Mini-Boss)
- If you have released all your Einherjar, Rufus and Alicia will be your only party members.
- Running out of time in the Ravine Caverns leads to a Game Over.
- The timer disappears once you clear Yggdrasil, once again due to storyline conditions.
- The dungeon includes several one-way paths, meaning that you must be careful not to find yourself with no way back, especially if your timer starts running low.