Meteor Swarm (Japanese: Meteo Swarm メテオスフォーム Meteo Suwōmu) is a darkness-elemental Great Magic spell, featured in Valkyrie Profile and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. It can be cast by any Sorcerer, provided their weapon allows it and they have the adequate default attack spell. As all Great Magic spells, it is multi-target.
In addition, Meteor Swarm is featured as a unique, fire-elemental enemy attack in Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.
- Hits: 7
- Charge time: 5
- Increase to gauge: 50
- Base spell: Shadow Servant
- Incantation: "No mercy for the damned! Thus thou hast no escape from the grasp of catastrophe! Meteor Swarm!"
- (Japanese: 我、招く無韻（むいん）の衝裂に 慈悲は無く 汝に遍く厄を逃れる術もなし! メテオスフォーム! Ware, maneku muin no shōretsu ni jihi wa naku nanji ni amaneku yaku wo nogareru sube mo nashi!)
Meteor Swarm deals many hits and adds a good deal of energy to the Gauge. Due to this fact, and despite being a very damaging attack, it may be best used second or third in a PWS sequence, to help trigger and maximize the damage of later PWS attacks. In most cases, Meteor Swarm and Celestial Star are the strongest PWS in the main game due to their high modifiers, the high MAG of staves, and the fact that most enemies have lower RST (resistance) than RDM (reduce physical damage).
Valkyrie Profile 2: SilmeriaEdit
- Incantation: "No mercy for the damned...No escape from catastrophe! Meteor Swarm!"
In this game, Meteor Swarm could be considered to be both a Soul Crush and a Great Magic spell. First of all, it is used by both Anarchic Entity, who is a Mage, and Determined Dirna, who is an Archer. Moreover, the attack is entirely fire-elemental, which is characteristic of Great Magic, even though the signature fire-elemental Great Magic spell should be Animate Earth.
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the PlumeEdit
- Description: Manifestation of Dark Savior that summons down an endless torrent of shooting stars.
- Hits: 7
- Increase to gauge: (4 x 4) + (6 x 3) = 34
- Base spell: Dark Savior
- Incantation: "No mercy for the damned! Thou hast no escape from the grasp of catastrophe! Meteor Swarm!"
Meteor Swarm deals many hits, but adds little energy to the Gauge. It is thus best used first in a Soul Crush sequence, to help maximize the damage of later attacks.