|Appears In:||Valkyrie Profile|
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Lemia was born in a slum in Gerabellum and knew Kashell and Aelia from childhood, although not much else is known about her. She may also have been acquainted with Celia and had feelings for Grey. One day, he was fatally wounded in unspecified circumstances, and Lemia underwent the ritual of Soul Transfer to exchange her life for his. Feeling tremendous guilt over her death, Grey left on a quest to find a way to reverse the ritual, not knowing that it was actually impossible. However, he never explained the situation to his comrades, which left them with the impression that he had killed Lemia himself, his suspicious behaviour only serving to fuel their doubts. They banded together and set off in search of him, determined to know the truth.
Various mishaps befell the group along the way, until only Celia was left alive. Thanks to information discovered by Aelia, she managed to locate Grey in the Arkdain Ruins, but his failed attempt at reversing the ritual had left him a disembodied soul in a suit of armour. Celia begged him to tell her the truth about Lemia's death, but he only apologized and vanished in front of her eyes, as Lenneth recruited him as an Einherjar.
Lemia may be based on the root lem, which may mean "weak", "fragile" or "soft" in various Semitic and Germanic languages . This would emphasize the character's vulnerability.
- Lemia is voiced by the same actress as Celia, Nanami, Yumei, Shiho, Llewelyn and Claire.
- Despite the fact that official artwork of Lemia exists, she is never actually seen in the game. She can, however, be heard during Grey's Spiritual Concentration sequence as she prepares a meal, hoping that her culinary skills will win his heart . She may have originally been intended to appear in person in a scene that was cut from the game.
- According to the developers, Lemia was a Sorceress, and while Grey was aware of her feelings for him, he pretended not to notice (as evidenced by his Spiritual Concentration scene), which may suggest that he did not share them.
- Lemia's artwork depicts her as very young. Whether this is intentional, or whether she was originally intended to have a different relationship with Grey (as a daughter or a sister, perhaps) is unknown.
- Grey refers to Lemia in one of his victory quotes .
- Kashell and Celia appear to have been acquainted with Lawfer and possibly Arngrim, but there is no evidence whether Lemia was as well or not.